Struggling with keeping warm yet cute? Fighting to not look like a city eskimo? Try not to feel overwhelmed – yes it can be challenge but trust me it’s not impossible. Here are a few tricks in layering without looking bulky!
This past weekend I was met with the challenge of dressing warmly during the coldest days of the season, I needed to find a look that was cozy and cute.
Coat: Banana Republic | Shirt: H&M | Sweater: Pookie & Sebastian
Skirt: Zara TRF | Booties: Sigerson Morrison
It’s easy to slide into the rut of wearing all black – why not right? But by mixing up printed knits and wool separates or color blocked pieces, you can achieve a look different and distinctive.
Here are some tricks to help achieve a layered yet stylish look similar to mine.
- By layering body conscious tops, you can get the same cozy effect as wearing your favorite oversized sweater.
- Wearing something bright is a great way to liven up your layers, here I chose a metallic sweater.
- Mix and match lengths such as pairing long button downs and sweaters, gives a polished effect
- Weather you’re in pants, tights or baring your legs, the scrunched sock look can be a great way to stay warm – these are my over the knee socks that I’ve pushed down.
- Don’t forget to add the accessories! From bold necklaces to scarves, hats and gloves, these additions can transform your look,